Structural Analysis of Chassis Frame and Modification for Weight Reduction.Journal: International Journal of Engineering Sciences & Research Technology (IJESRT) (Vol.3, No. 5)
Publication Date: 2014-05-30
Authors : S.Prabakaran; K.Gunasekar;
Page : 595-600
Keywords : Chassis Frame; Weight Reduction.;
Chassis is an important part of automobile. The chassis serves as a frame for supporting the body and different parts of automobile. Also, it should be rigid enough to withstand the shock, twist, vibration and other stresses. Along with strength, an important consideration in chassis design is to have adequate bending stiffness for better handling characteristics. So, maximum stress, maximum equilateral stress and deflection are important criteria for the design of the chassis. This report is the work performed towards the optimization of the automotive chassis with constraints of maximum shear stress, equivalent stress and deflection of chassis under maximum load. Structural systems like the chassis can be easily analysed using the finite element techniques. A sensitivity analysis is carried out for weight reduction. So a proper finite element model of the chassis is to be developed. The chassis is modelled in SOLID WORKS. FEA is done on the modelled chassis using the ANSYS Workbench.
Other Latest Articles
- A Review on LEACH & PEGASIS Routing Algorithms in Wireless Sensor Networks.
- Demand Management at Congested Airport in India.
- Finite Element Analysis of Shock Absorber for Spring Steel and Carbon Fibre.
- Measurement of the illuminance using a Signal Conditioning Circuit.
- Short Term Weather -Dependent Load Forecasting using Fuzzy Logic Technique.
Last modified: 2014-06-05 22:12:53