A Novel Approach for Despeckling of Ultrasound Images?Journal: International Journal of Computer Science and Mobile Computing - IJCSMC (Vol.3, No. 6)
Publication Date: 2014-06-30
Authors : Rupinder Kaur; Prabhpreet Kaur;
Page : 618-622
Keywords : Denoising Filters; Digital Image Processing; Image Enhancement; Qualitative Metrics;
Ultrasound imaging is a widely used medical imaging modality. But the major issue with ultrasound images is the presence of speckle noise, which is an inherent limitation of ultrasound images. This research work focuses on speckle noise reduction in ultrasound images. Various predefined techniques for despeckling are studied thoroughly and a novel approach is proposed. In addition, comparison of predefined and proposed technique is done both on qualitative and quantitative level. Four different metrics are used for comparative study of various image filtering techniques.
Other Latest Articles
- ETL Work Flow for Extract Transform Loading?
- An Implementation of Multi Sensor Based Mobile Robot with Image Stitching Application?
- A QOS Based Prioritized Routing Protocol for Wireless Sensor Network?
- A NOVEL METHOD FOR DOWNLINK RESOURCE ALLOCATION FOR NEXT GENERATION WIRELESS NETWORKS?
- Implementation of Encrypted Image Compression Using Resolution Progressive Compression Scheme?
Last modified: 2014-06-26 19:42:59