Citrus Fruit Quality Classification using Support Vector MachinesJournal: International Journal of Advanced Engineering Research and Science (Vol.6, No. 7)
Publication Date: 2019-07-10
Authors : Jonatha Oliveira Reis Varjão Glenda Michele Botelho Tiago da Silva Almeida Glêndara Aparecida de Souza Martins Warley Gramacho da Silva;
Page : 59-65
Keywords : Computer Vision; Fruit Quality; Support Vector Machines; Machine Learning.;
The large-scale fruit selection process is still manual or semi-automatic, mainly in small industries. This fact can lead to errors during the sorting of good fruits. Thus, this paper proposes an application using computer vision and machine learning to improve this task. The genus studied was the citrus, more specific the orange, one of the most produced fruit in Brazil. However, the methodology used can be applied on any fruit which quality can be measured by vision. The initial step was the construction of the learning space, consisting of image acquisition, pre-processing and features extraction. After the construction, the learning phase begins, consisted of the training of the support vector machine model, and then, statistical methods were used to validate the model. As the final result, it achieved the accuracy of 97.3% in fruit classify.
Other Latest Articles
- The Role of Geospatial Information for Accelerating the Delineation of Village Boundaries in Indonesia using Cartometric Method
- Collaborative Learning in the Military Police of Tocantins: perspective without frontier
- Regression Tributary, Arrecadative Efficiency and Fiscal Crisis in Brazil
- THE CAUSAL LINK BETWEEN VACCINATION ADJUVANTS AND AUTISM
- FORM-FOCUSED INSTRUCTION: ISOLATED OR INTEGRATED?
Last modified: 2019-07-15 12:53:22