ETHNOPHARMACOLOGICAL STUDY AND PHYTOCHEMICAL SCREENING OF THREE PLANTS (ASTERACEAE FAMILY) FROM THE REGION OF SOUTH WEST ALGERIAJournal: Asian Journal of Natural and Applied Sciences (Vol.2, No. 2)
Publication Date: 2013-06-15
Authors : Mohammed DJELLOULI; Abdellah MOUSSAOUI; Houcine BENMEHDI; Laid ZIANE; Abdelghani BELABBES; Messaouda BADRAOUI; Nawel SLIMANI;
Page : 59-65
Keywords : nvillea Radiata; Cotula Cinerea et Matricaria Pubescens; Bioactive extract; phytochemical Screening;
Nvillea Radiata, Cotula Cinerea and Matricaria Pubescens are plants belonging to Asteraceae family, they are commonly used in traditional medicine in south west of Algeria (northern Sahara), for the treatment of several diseases.The aqueous extracts of the aerial parts (leaves and stems) of these plants were subjected to phytochemical screening tests to demonstrate theexistence of natural products (alkaloids, saponins, flavonoids, terpens ... etc.) the secondary metabolisms of these may have pharmacological and therapeutic properties. Keywords: Anvillea Radiata, Cotula Cinerea et Matricaria Pubescens
Other Latest Articles
- AN APPRAISAL OF ENVIRONMENTAL HEALTH & SAFETY MANAGEMENT IN THE WORKPLACE : A STUDY OF CONTINENTAL SHIPYARD LIMITED
- SYNTHESIS AND CHARACTERIZATION OF ZNO NANOPARTICLES WITH ZINC CHLORIDE AS ZINC SOURCE
- An Architectural-Model for the Mobile based E-Learning Environment
- A Detailed Study on Indian Languages Text Mining?
- A Comparative Study of Routing Protocols for Mobile Ad-Hoc Networks?
Last modified: 2014-11-09 02:15:58