COMPARISION OF RETINAL NERVE FIBRE LAYER THICKNESS BY CIRRUS HD-OPTICAL COHERENCE TOMOGRAPHY IN EMMETROPIC, MYOPIC AND HYPEROPIC EYESJournal: International Journal of Advanced Research (Vol.9, No. 01)
Publication Date: 2021-01-20
Authors : S. Mounica B.V. Kranthi; M. Lakshmi Sarvani;
Page : 62-71
Keywords : Peripapillary Retinal Nerve Fibre Layer Thickness Emmetropia Myopia Hypermetropia Cirrus HD-OCT;
Purpose: The purpose of our study is to compare the average peripapillary retinal nerve fibre layer thickness by cirrus HD-Optical coherence tomography in emmetropic, axial myopic and axial hyperopic cases. Materials And Methods: Total of 120 subjects aged between 10 to 50 years were enrolled in this study, divided into 3 groups with 40 in each, namely group 1 - emmetropia, group 2- myopia >2.5 D and group 3-hypermetropia>2.5 D. In which, 58 (48.3%) were females and 62 (51.7%) were males. This study was done in the Department of Ophthalmology, Santhiram Medical College Hospital Nandyal,from October 2019 to March 2020. The average as well as quadratic assessment of peripapillary RNFL thickness by cirrus-HD optical coherence tomography and comparison among these 3 groups. Observation And Results: In our study, average peripapillary RNFL thickness between emmetropic, myopic and hyperopic groups was found to be statistically significant. The average peripapillary RNFL thickness was thickest in the hyperopic group (102.95 Â± 5.629, n=40), followed by the emmetropic group (102.55 Â± 5.505, n=40), and then the myopic group (83.38 Â± 3.726, n=40) (all P<0.0001) . And in all four RNFL quadrants, myopic group showed thinning when compared to Emmetropic and hyperopic group (p<0.001).But hyperopic group showed thicker RNFL than emmetropic group only in temporal quadrants in right eye(p<0.001)and nasal and superior quadrants in left eye (p=0.017) Conclusion: In our study, average as well as in all the four quadrants peripapillary RNFL thickness shows highly significant results between emmetropia, myopia and hyperopia. When compared with emmetropia, RNFL thickness being thinnest in myopic group, and slightly thicker RNFL thickness in hyperopic group.
Other Latest Articles
- ASSESSING STUDENT NURSES KNOWLEDGE AND AWARENESS OF CULTURAL DIVERSITY NURSING
- A CLINICAL STUDY OF NEODYMIUM YAG LASER CAPSULOTOMY- THE PATTERN AND ENERGY USED FOR VARIOUS GRADES OF PCO AND OUTCOME
- INFLUENCE DE LA FERMENTATION LACTIQUE SUR LES PROPRIETES ANTIOXYDANTES ET LES TENEURS EN POLYPHENOLS TOTAUX DE NECTARS DE MANGUE
- UNDERSTANDING LA LIGA: ARE MATCH PERFORMANCES AND PLAYER MARKET VALUE RELATED?
- ETUDE DE LA SENSIBILITE VARIETALE DE LA TOMATE (SOLANUM LYCOPERSICUM L.) AU FLETRISSEMENT BACTERIEN DU A RALSTONIA SOLANACEARUM DANS LA VALLEE DU FLEUVE SENEGAL
Last modified: 2021-02-13 16:31:12