EVIDENCE BASED LEARNING: A STUDY OF IMPACT ON EXPERIENTIAL LEARNING ACTIVITIES ON ATTAINMENT OF SPECIFIC LEARNING OUTCOMESJournal: INTERNATIONAL JOURNAL OF RESEARCH -GRANTHAALAYAH (Vol.9, No. 2)
Publication Date: 2021-02-28
Authors : Prashant Thote; Gowri. S;
Page : 22-31
Keywords : Colligative; Solutions; Solute; Solvent; Experiential Learning;
The unit “Solution and its Colligative Properties” is found to be difficult for most of the Grade 12 students. To make the learning experience joyful- three experiential learning activities are designed. It plays a positive role in strengthening and enhancing the academic performance in Chemistry. The objective of the present paper is to inspect the impact of the designed three experiential learning activities on attainment of intended specific learning outcomes. Totally 40 students participate in the study. The purposive sample technique is used to draw the sample of the present study. Sample learners are divided into two groups: study group and control group. Each group consists of 20 students. Both groups are taught the unit “Solution” through online mode due to COVID pandemic. The pretest – “formative assessment” is conducted. The result of the formative assessment divulges that the learners face challenges in the conceptual understanding of the unit. The researcher designs three activities for experiential learning to enhance the deep conceptual understanding. Students of the study group are exposed to the experiential learning activities for the period of one week. The present paper is experiential in nature. Formative assessment is conducted before and after the treatment. Data is collected by using two formative assessments and one summative assessment. Statistical tool used are mean, mean difference and standard deviation. The result of the paper reveals that experiential learning has positive impact on attainment of specific learning outcomes. Low score learners are much benefitted than the average learner and the high score learners. Based on the conclusion of the study few recommendations are made.
Other Latest Articles
- WHAT IS BEING DONE FOR A GENDER-FRIENDLY CAMPUS CLIMATE? UNITED STATES AND TURKEY AS A CASE
- EVALUATION OF HYDROPONIC FODDER PERFORMANCE OF DIFFERENT VARIETIES OF SORGHUM
- IN VITRO PROPAGATION OF VACHELLIA MACRACANTHA, AN IMPORTANT SPECIES OF THE SEASONALLY DRY TROPICAL FOREST IN NORTHERN PERU
- INSILICO METHOD FOR PREDICTION OF MAXIMUM BINDING AFFINITY AND LIGAND – PROTEIN INTERACTION STUDIES ON ALZHEIMER’S DISEASE
- HOMEOPATHIC MEDICINES-AAKASHMONI WILL BE THE BEST VACCINE AGAINST COVID-19: ENRICHING AGRICULTURE SCIENCE AND TECHNOLOGY COMMUNICATION MECHANISM APPLICATION ISSUES!
Last modified: 2021-03-16 13:22:45