Human Health Risk Assessment and Effectssome Heavy Metals in the Tissue of Two Species of Cichlidae (Hemichromisfasciatus and Tilapia zillii x Tilapia guineensis) from the Western Part of the Ebrie Lagoon, Cote DivoireJournal: International Journal of Science and Research (IJSR) (Vol.9, No. 4)
Publication Date: 2020-04-05
Authors : KOUAMENAN N'zebo Moise; COULIBALY Safiatou; ATSE Boua Celestin; GOORE Bi Gouli;
Page : 160-167
Keywords : Target hazardous quotient; Hazard index; tissue; human health risk; histopathological;
This study has been conducted to assessment the human health risk via the consumption for Hemichromisfasciatus and zillii Tilapia guineensis by contamination of heavy metal such as Hg, Pb, Cd and As. Fishes species were collectedin the mainland and maritime areas in western part of Ebrie lagoon. Moreover, Histopathological alterations were used as indicators for the effects of anthropogenic pollutants. After dried and digested of tissues (muscle, liver and kidney), the concentration of lead (Pb), mercury (Hg), cadmium (Cd) and arsenic (As) in tissues were carried out using an atomic absorption spectrophotometer. For histopathological studies, tissues (liver and kidney) were screened for a variety of histopathological features and lesions by light microscope under 400X magnifications. The Hazard Index (HI) for all heavy metals in the species were higher than 1. The highest HI value suggests a potential health risk by fish consumption of the population. Histopathological examination of organsof fish species revealed varying alterations. Mostly, the damages of liver and kidney of both fish speciesincluded haemorrhage, fibrosis, congestion in blood sinusoid, dilatation of blood sinusoid, cytoplasmic vacuolar, necrosis, degeneration of cells, dilatation vacuolar and intravascular haemolysis in blood vessels. However, the species of Hemichromisfasciatus presented the damage in all organsobserved.
Other Latest Articles
- Anarchically Open Officines in South Kivu (DRC): Their Role in the Emergence of Antibiotic Resistance
- Satisfaction Survey of Patients Treated at the Joint Prosthesis Service of the Dental Consultation and Treatement Center, CCTD, of Casablanca, Morocco
- Comparative Study of Third Divorce in Law and Order
- Development and Evaluation of Bilayer Tablets of Losartan Potassium
- Does Job Seekers Perception towards Corporate Social Responsibility Impact on Job Seekers Intention to Apply for the Jobs?
Last modified: 2021-06-28 17:03:45