ResearchBib Share Your Research, Maximize Your Social Impacts
Sign for Notice Everyday Sign up >> Login

Assessment of the Effectiveness of Training Program on Knowledge and Skills Regarding Selected Breathing Exercise among the Care Giver of NCD Patients at Selected Area in Tamilnadu

Journal: International Journal of Science and Research (IJSR) (Vol.9, No. 9)

Publication Date:

Authors : ; ;

Page : 1538-1540

Keywords : Training program; caregiver of NCD patient;

Source : Downloadexternal Find it from : Google Scholarexternal


The aim of the study was, to assess the effectiveness of training programme on knowledge and skill regarding selected breathing exercise among the care giver of NCD patients. Methodology: The investigator used quasi experimental approach and selected the 30 samples by using non probability convenient sampling technique. By using a self-administered questionnaire, the knowledge was assessed and skill was assessed by using a check list on steps of doing selected breathing exercise. Results: Study finding revealed that in the pre-test none of them had adequate knowledge.10 (33.33 %) had moderate level of knowledge. The remaining 20 (66.66 %) had inadequate knowledge regarding selected breathing exercise. In the post-test 19 (63.33 %) had adequate knowledge 11 (36.66 %) had moderate level of knowledge. None of them fall in the category of inadequate knowledge. In the pre-test all 30 (100 %) caregivers of NCD had inadequate skill regarding breathing exercise. Likewise, in the post-test 25 (83.33 %) of them had adequate skill and 5 (16.66 %) had average skill regarding breathing exercise that the mean knowledge score of pre-tests was 7.9 with the standard deviation of 3.30. Similarly, the post-test mean was 13.63 with the standard deviation of 4.06. The calculated paired t test value of t=8.43 which was statistically significant at p less than 0.001. Whereas the skill mean score of pre-tests was 0.67 with the S. D of 1.85. Similarly, the post-test mean was 17.27 and the SD was 1.83. The paired t test value was t=30.07 which was statistically significant at p less than 0.001, the mean knowledge score was 16.73, S. D was 2.46 similarly the mean skill was 17.37, S. D was 1.90, calculated Karl Pearson’s correlation co efficient value r = 0.522 Conclusions: The study concluded that the exposure of the training programme regarding breathing exercise among caregiver of NCD patients has an effect on improving their knowledge and skill to implement it for their own family members.

Last modified: 2021-06-28 17:11:32