Studies on Temperature Dependent Birefringence and Molecular Orientations of Smectic-A and Smectic-C PhasesJournal: International Journal of Science and Research (IJSR) (Vol.6, No. 2)
Publication Date: 2017-02-05
Authors : J. Mahadeva; T. N. Govindaiah;
Page : 263-268
Keywords : Birefringence; layer spacing; Molecular orientation x-ray studies; Optical studies Smectic Phases;
Two or more multi-component system of N-Cetyl-N, N, N, trimethly ammonium bromide (CTAB), Cetyl alcohol + Orthophosphoric acid (CA+H3PO4) exhibits an induced smectic phases, such as smectic-A, smectic-C and smectic-E phases sequentially when the specimen is cooled from its isotropic melt. These phases have been characterized by using DSC, Optical microscopic techniques and X-ray studies. The molecular tilt and birefringence have been discussed in the region of smetic-A and smectic-C phases respectively at different temperature.
Other Latest Articles
- Analysis of Masticatory Function in Patients with Maxillofacial Defects
- A Rare Case Report of Perforated Duodenal Ulcer in Puerperium Peroid
- Inheritance of Fiber Length and Fiber Output on Interspecies Hybrids F1 and F2 of G. Mustelinum Miers ex Watt with Interspecies Diversity of G.Hirsutum L.
- Knowledge and Adoption Level of Organic Animal Feeding Practices by Livestock Owners in Arid Region of Rajasthan
- Bypassing a Broken Instruments (Clinical Cases)
Last modified: 2021-06-30 17:48:27