A New Modified Porcelain Adsorbent for the Removal and Preconcentration of Toxic Phenols in WastewaterJournal: International Journal of Science and Research (IJSR) (Vol.3, No. 10)
Publication Date: 2014-10-05
Authors : Jameel M.Dhabab; Mohammed Hikmet; Zuhair A-A Khammas;
Page : 120-128
Keywords : Porcelain modified adsorbent; Adsorption; Phenolic compounds; Equilibrium isotherm; Homemade SPE cartridge;
A novel modified porcelain surface and its characterization as adsorbent for the removal and preconcentration of some organic pollutants was investigated. A grinded porcelain powder was treated with the waste engine oil by using reflux method. The modified adsorbent was first used for the removal of phenol and substituted phenols from wastewater and found to dependent on some of conditions. The results revealed that the efficiency of removal was in order of: phenol greater than -chlorophenolgreater than -aminophenol. A preliminary study has shown that Freundlich isotherm model provided a better fit with experimental data than another models. Based upon the first model, the experimental data were evaluated in which the empirical constants ( Kf and n) were of 0.46, 1.38; 0.41, 1.35; and 0.38, 1.53, with high correlation coefficient R2 of 0.9983, 0.9986 and 0.9908 for phenol, -chlorophenol and -aminophenol respectively, achieving that the process is exthothermic for the phenols adsorption on the surface of modified porcelain. in an attempt to extract and enrich of toxic phenol via construction of homemade cartridge made from the modified porcelain surface similar to the commercial solid phase extraction cartridge. The analytical results obtained in this study were compared with that of commercial octadecyl (C18) SPE cartridge using different polar solvents for elution of phenol under study.
Other Latest Articles
- A Comparative Study on the Antibacterial Activity of Trypsin Inhibitors from the Seeds of Abelmoschus Moschatus L.
- Formula for Computation of Wigner Function for Two Mode Quantized Electromagnetic Field and its Application in Detection of Nonclassicality
- Climate Change and Economic Adaptability of Indian Sunderban
- A Note on a Subcode of a Linear q - Ary Code of Length N and an Algorithm for Calculating Minimum Distance
- Validity of Short Gravitational Insecurity Assessment among Indian Children
Last modified: 2021-06-30 21:10:56