Impact of Rural Livelihood on Land Use Land Covers in Tuichhuahen Watershed of Kolasib District, Mizoram: IndiaJournal: International Journal of Science and Research (IJSR) (Vol.3, No. 10)
Publication Date: 2014-10-05
Authors : Rintluanga Pachuau;
Page : 2257-2259
Keywords : Rural Livelihood; Land Use Land Cover; Geographical Information System GIS; Watershed; Soil Erosion;
Land and forest are an important component of natural resources. Though humans have been modifying land resources to obtain food and other essentials for thousands of years, current rates, extents and intensities of land use land cover changes are far greater than ever in history, driving unprecedented changes in ecosystems and environmental processes at local, regional and global scales. The forest ecosystem provides watershed services and its modification results in multidimensional changes in watershed processes. Tuichhuahen watershed harbor good forest ecosystem services, but the changes in land use land cover due to anthropogenic activity disturb these services even beyond the watershed. Therefore, it is an imperative for planner, researcher and policy maker to analyse land use land cover changes at the watershed level.
Other Latest Articles
- Survey on Hubness - Based Clustering Algorithms
- Strength Characteristics of Different Types of Bricks
- Study of Supratrochlear Foramen of Humerus in South Indian Population
- Biogenic Synthesis of Silver Nanoparticles using Leaves of Crinum asiaticum Linn.
- An Approach to Analyze Stock Market Using Clustering Technique
Last modified: 2021-06-30 21:10:56