FOREIGN DIRECT INVESTMENT IN THE KINGDOM OF SAUDI ARABIA: A DIAGNOSTIC ANALYSISJournal: INTERNATIONAL JOURNAL OF RESEARCH -GRANTHAALAYAH (Vol.9, No. 8)
Publication Date: 2021-08-31
Authors : Luluwa Juma; Hannan Alkharoossi; Manuel Fernandez;
Page : 355-367
Keywords : Investment Decision; MNC; Investor-Friendly Destination;
This study aims to identify the status of Saudi Arabia as a destination for FDI, the factors that attract FDI into Saudi Arabia, and the factors that hinder the flow of FDI into Saudi Arabia. The study covers a period of five years from 2015 to 2019. The study analysis various determinants of FDI: market size, infrastructure, technology adoption, innovation friendliness, productive and diversified labour force, financial infrastructure, taxation, political risk, corruption, and ease of doing business. The study finds that several factors like market size, well-developed infrastructure, a higher degree of technology adoption, innovation-friendliness, the banking system that is well-capitalized and liquid, low corporate taxes, political stability, low transfer risk, low expropriation risk, low levels of corruption, and a stable currency make Saudi Arabia an attractive destination for FDI. At the same time, the low labour market efficiency and the low ranking in ease of doing business makes it less attractive to FDI.
Other Latest Articles
- GARDNER’S SYNDROME AS THE FIRST MANIFESTATION OF FAP IN PATIENT WITH METASTATIC RECTAL CANCER - AN EXTREMELY RARE OCCURRENCE
- DOES HUMAN CAPITAL PREDICT RESOURCES: EVIDENCE FROM DENOMINATIONAL INSTITUTIONS IN GHANA?
- ANALYSIS OF PID CONTROLLER USE ON AUXILIARY WINDING INDUCTION MOTOR WITH FUZZY LOGIC METHOD
- PSYCHOLOGICAL APPROACH TO TEACHING CLASSICAL MUSIC FOR STUDENTS
- AN ANALYSIS ON THE MEASURES TAKEN BY FINANCE MINISTRY TO UPLIFT THE INDIAN ECONOMY DURING COVID-19
Last modified: 2021-10-23 17:17:16