Social Cartography of Terreiro and Traditional Peoples' Agriculture: An Interdisciplinary Dialogue for Agroecological TransitionJournal: International Journal of Advanced Engineering Research and Science (Vol.8, No. 11)
Publication Date: 2021-11-09
Authors : Luciano de Oliveira Costa Gáudia Maria Costa Leite Pereira José Cláudio Rocha Jairton Fraga Araújo Lucia Marisy Souza Ribeiro de Oliveira Edonilce da Rocha Barros Luzi Borges Augusto Araújo Santos Nayara Silva Santana Raimundo Nunes de Oliveira;
Page : 221-232
Keywords : Family farming; Agroecology; terreiro community; participatory mapping; sociogeography; territoriality.;
This article presents a social cartography of terreiro and its contribution to the agroecological transition in the municipality of Arataca/Bahia/Brazil. Participatory mapping was an important sociogeographical tool used to contribute to the strengthening of ethno-racial relationships and environmental preservation in the southern territory of Bahia/Brazil, focusing on the experience with agriculture of traditional peoples in the community-terreiro: Ilê Axé Ijexá Omi T'Odé (House of Energy of the Ijexá Nation Água do Caçador), from the perspective of its social transformation. It addresses concepts, principles and the step-by-step of its realization, seeks to describe its territoriality composed of the signs of Afro-Brazilian cosmology and its relationship with the Atlantic Forest, transforming it into a territory of environmental protection and sacred to its people. The research to obtain the data was qualitative analytical, searching for classical and contemporary authors who address the subject, as well as valuing the speeches of social actors who integrate the community. The final considerations point to the increasing need to scientifically evaluate social actions in order to qualify entrepreneurial organizations and also to satisfy family farming in the region.
Other Latest Articles
- The Current Meaning of Jacques Rancière’s Political Thought (Interview with Oliver Davis) / Jacques Rancière’in Politik Düşüncesinin Günümüzdeki Anlamı (Oliver Davis ile Söyleşi)
- Jacques Rancière’in Politik Düşüncesinin Günümüzdeki Anlamı (Oliver Davis ile Söyleşi) / The Current Meaning of Jacques Rancière’s Political Thought (Interview with Oliver Davis)
- Erdem İçin Hangi Bilgi Gereklidir / What Knowledge is Necessary for Virtue?
- “Demokrasi”nin Hakiki Manası: Çoğunluğun Egemenliği Değil, Bir Şeyler Yapma Kapasitesi / The Original Meaning of ‘Democracy’: Capacity to Do Things, Not Majority Rule
- A Contextual Approach for Freedom of Speech: The Case of Academic Sphere / İfade Özgürlüğü İçin Bağlamsal Bir Yaklaşım: Akademik Alan Örneği
Last modified: 2021-11-25 13:54:35