Desperation, Isolation and Mental Health: A Study of Isolated Cognitive DevelopmentJournal: International Journal of Science and Research (IJSR) (Vol.10, No. 12)
Publication Date: 2021-12-05
Authors : Pamela Dutta Chowdhury;
Page : 42-44
Keywords : Isolation; Stress; Depression; Cognitive Development; Moral weakness; Dependency;
Mental health of students had been a primary concern among the parents as well as for the educationist all over the world. In the modern day world a lot of stress had been put over the context of mental health of students because it had been identified that the aspect of mental health not just only becomes important for the aspect of cognitive development but also for the moral as well as intellectual development and stability of the student. In the modern technological world of education very little scope of mental relaxation could be seen in the curriculum and activities of the students because students had been getting more and more confined in their own room while learning through digital platforms. Physical activities of the students and social interactions of the learners had been getting reduced to a significant extent. Hence the scope of relaxation through sports and outdoor activities had been getting reduced by a significant margin as opposed to the traditional mode of learning. And in situations like COVID-19 pandemic or any other endemic kind of situations where students had to forcefully confined themselves inside the four walls of their room, in such situations the learners gets more and more isolated, desperation crops in inside the learners. However, the general trend of the modern day education system had been approaching towards the isolated learning through digital platforms. Parents had preferred such mediums of education. In such situations the cognitive development as well as mental health of the students somehow gets distorted.
Other Latest Articles
- Overview of ACE-2 Receptor, Its Structure and Polymorphism and its Susceptibility to SARS-Cov-2, Influences of COVID-19 on Multi-Organs Cardiovascular Comorbidities, and COVID-19 Disease Outcome
- Physico-Chemical Studies on Safilguda Lake, Hyderabad
- A Study to Assess the Effectiveness of Planned Teaching Programme on Knowledge Regarding Pulmonary Rehabilitation among Patients with COPD in Selected Community Area at Bangalore
- Clinical Correlation of Facial Dermatosis with COVID19 Pandemic
- Book Review "Innovation, Technology and Sustainability: History, Concepts and Applications"
Last modified: 2022-02-15 18:57:28