Extended Learning Time and Students' Academic PerformanceJournal: International Journal of Science and Research (IJSR) (Vol.11, No. 1)
Publication Date: 2022-01-05
Authors : Ganga Ram Gurung;
Page : 1424-1432
Keywords : Learning time; extended; examination score;
Extended Learning Time (ELT) in this study is defined as increased in students? study time during non-school hours, for example, outside the classroom hours. During the ELT, students invest time in reading, completing homework and other follow-up tasks assigned by teachers in the classroom. The current study used mixed methods where the duration of non-school study hours and students? performance in the continuous assessment and examinations were used as quantitative data for this study. In addition, 34 of students of grade VIII, Section D out of which 13 were males and 21 females were use appropriate word to collect the quantitative data. For the quantitative data, sample-paired t-test was carried out using SPSS version 22 to find the impacts of the intervention. In addition, the results were analysed through descriptive analysis. Similarly, thematic analysis was carried out for qualitative data. The analysis of the data revealed that students? performance in continuous assessment has improved after the intervention where as it had no effect on the examination scores. The guided extended study gave students opportunity to improve their class works and home works. The analysis also revealed that that the extended learning time has not helped students to perform better in their examinations. The result of the learning journal and self-assessment tool depicted positive correlation between ELT and students? interest in learning which resulted in better turnover of students in the school. Similarly, the result of the semi-structured interview from the teachers and students depicted positive perceptive towards implementation of ELT in simplify the concepts and improving the learning of the subject.
Other Latest Articles
- Sidereal Day without Polar Star "A Complete Solution with an Otherwise Explanation"
- To Assess the Effectiveness of Lecture Cum Demonstration on Knowledge and Practices Related to Brushing and Flossing Technique of Teeth among School Children
- Impact of Online Classes on the Satisfaction and Performance of Students during the Pandemic Period of COVID19
- Variation of Viscosity of Castor Oil and Silicone oil with Pressure and Temperature
- Particle Size Distribution Study of China Clay Deposits of Nagaur Area, Rajasthan, India
Last modified: 2022-02-15 19:04:11