SECURE COMMUNICATION OF SECRET DATA USING STEGNOGRAPHY?Journal: International Journal of Computer Science and Mobile Computing - IJCSMC (Vol.2, No. 5)
Publication Date: 2013-05-15
Authors : Sobia Habib Atiya Parveen Saoud Sarwar;
Page : 249-254
Keywords : Stegnography; LSB flipping; PSNR; encryption; decryption;
The paper discusses and analyze about a method which provides a secure mechanism for the transfer of messages by the process of Steganography. The solution uses password protection to prevent unauthorized access of the files. The tool makes use of any file type which acts as a cover to the message/file. The message/file is hidden behind the cover using LSB flipping algorithm. The tool can accept all types of media files (including JPEG images). After the steganography is performed the user can also compare the original image with the image in which the data is hidden using the compare operation of the tool. The compare tool compares the two images using PSNR (peak to signal ratio) and thus shows the amount of distortion in the image. The retrieval of the message and the audio can also take place through this tool. The tool has a very appealing and an easy to use GUI thus making it an effective solution to hide messages/files.
Other Latest Articles
- IMAGE SEGMENTATION FOR TUMOR DETECTION USING FUZZY INFERENCE SYSTEM?
- THE CLOUD- CHANGING THE INDIAN HEALTHCARE SYSTEM?
- Literature Survey on Automated Person Identification Techniques?
- Implementation of Multicast Routing Using Genetic Algorithm?
- Empowering Intrusion Detection Systems in Multitier Web Applications Using Clustering Algorithms?
Last modified: 2013-05-16 19:33:45