ResearchBib Share Your Research, Maximize Your Social Impacts
Sign for Notice Everyday Sign up >> Login

Compare the Mood of Delivery between Booked and Un-Booked Primigravidae

Journal: International Journal of Science and Research (IJSR) (Vol.11, No. 2)

Publication Date:

Authors : ; ; ; ; ; ; ;

Page : 105-108

Keywords : caesarian section; Ante Natal care;

Source : Downloadexternal Find it from : Google Scholarexternal


Background: Antenatal care is a process by which a pregnant lady is given health care and advice regarding her pregnancy and delivery to ensure a healthy mother and baby. ANC is usually given by health care facilities to discover and manage pregnancy complications and determine the mood of delivery. Selecting the best mood of delivery for each pregnant lady will reduce maternal and fetal complications. In Sudan, most other pregnant ladies do not utilize the available antenatal care services; therefore, so many complications are recognized among patients who do not attend antenatal care during the period of their pregnancy. The study aimed to compare the mood of delivery between booked and un-booked primigravidae who attend Omdurman New Hospital, Sudan. Methods: This cross-sectional and hospital-based study was conducted in 290 primigravidae who attended in labour and the study duration was 4 months. Those who consented to participate in the study were included. The data were collected by questionnaire by medical staff and analyzed by SPSS version. Tr5Tr5. Results: The results showed that booked primigravidae were 166 (57.2%) compared to un-booked124 (42.8%). The age group 18-30 years was the main, never the less; there were younger ladies among un-booked primigravidae. Regarding mood of delivery, the majority of booked patients were delivered vaginally (94 (75.8%) and the rest by caesarian section (30 (24.2 %) while in un-booked group vaginal delivery was 57.2% and caesarian section was 42.8 % that mean un-booked ladies usually have a higher number of caesarian delivery in compare to booked ladies which expose them to more complications. On the other hand baby?s outcome, un-booked mothers in this study have preterm and postdate babies with lower birth weight, 29.6% compared to only 1.6% of the booked group. Also, un-booked patients have more IUFD and early neonatal death compared to booked mothers. Conclusion: Most of the primigravidae in Omdurman maternity hospital were un-booked, therefore, they receive no medical services this can lead to a high rate of delivery by a caesarian section which can lead to many complications regarding the mother and baby. Increasing the accessibility and awareness about ANC would promote more safe pregnancy and delivery.

Last modified: 2022-05-14 21:00:31