ESTIMATION OF SERUM CRP,FERRITIN,D-DIMER,LACTATE DEHYDROGENASE IN COVID 19 PATIENTSJournal: International Journal of Advanced Research (Vol.10, No. 06)
Publication Date: 2022-06-15
Authors : K. Venkateswarlu IlakaVasundhara Devi R.S. Swaroopa Rani; Srirekha P.;
Page : 945-950
Keywords : SARS-CoV-2 Serum C-Reactive Protein (CRP) Lactate Dehydrogenase D-Dimer and Serum Ferritin;
Background: Severe COVID-19 illness is associated with intense inflammation, leading to high rates of thrombotic complications that increase morbidity and mortality . New laboratory tests capable of differentiating between severe and non-severe cases and appropriate management of COVID-19. Aims and Objective: Aim to investigate the association between several biomarkers, including serum C-reactive protein (CRP), Lactate Dehydrogenase, D-dimer, and serum ferritin, and COVID-19 severity. Methodology: The study was conducted during September 2020-Dec-2021 among Covid patients confirmed by RT-PCR and admitted to Government general hospital.LDH was estimated in semi-auto analyzer by UVkinetic method and serum Ferritin, CRP, D-dimer was estimated by Immunoturbidometric method. Results: Amongst 1200 SARS-CoV-2 patients, Elevated CRP levels were seen in 88 percent of patients, D-Dimer in 94 percent of patients, Ferritin in 83 percent of patients, LDH in 93 percentof patients. Discussion: Elevated serum CRP, D-dimer, and serum ferritin levels were associated withan increased poor outcome that comprises mortality, severe COVID-19, ARDS, and the need for ICU care in patients with COVID-19.
Other Latest Articles
- EXPONENTIAL COMPARISON METHOD AND TFN FOR SELECTION OF REGIONAL SUPERIOR PRODUCTS BASED ON PROCESSED SEAWEED
- DETECTION AND TRACKING OF DRONES USING ARTIFICIAL INTELLIGENCE TECHNIQUES - A SURVEY
- SCOPE OF VARIOUS PHYTOCONSTITUENTS IN THE TREATMENT OF MULTIDRUG RESISTANT BACTERIA - A REVIEW
- MANAGEMENT OF HIGH BLOOD PRESSURE IN MOROCCO:WHAT PLACE FOR RGMPS ?
- CURRENT ADVANCES IN DENTAL COMPOSITES- A REVIEW ARTICLE
Last modified: 2022-07-18 21:24:22