PERSONALITY TRAITS OF AMIR IN THE KITE RUNNER: AN EXPLORATORY STUDYJournal: International Education and Research Journal (Vol.8, No. 5)
Publication Date: 2022-05-15
Authors : Mahwash Fatma;
Page : 61-62
Keywords : Jealousy; Personality; Id; Ego; Superego; redemption;
The present Research Paper attempts to analyze Amir's triple personality in the novel, The Kite Runner towards his father (Baba) and his friend (Hassan) by applying Freud's personality theory. His jealousy toward Hassan brings him dominance over Id, so he feels guilty for his past mistakes and makes redemption by rescuing Hassan's son Sohrab from Assef and completing his redemption. And finally, he becomes a good man again. All the personality traits of Amir have been identified but his personality traits vary significantly depending on the perceived presence of his social context.
Other Latest Articles
- A CASE STUDY OF MANAGEMENT OF AMLAPITTA BY AYURVEDIC TREATMENT
- BUDDHA’S PHILOSOPHY MORE RELEVANT TODAY
- A SOCIO- CULTURAL STUDY OF ANNIE ZAIDI'S FICTION 'GULAB'
- PREVALENCE OF COVID-19 BASED ON VARIOUS PRAKRITI, THE HUMAN CONSTITUTION TYPES OF INDIAN TRADITIONAL MEDICINE: A CROSS SECTIONAL STUDY
- PERCEPTION OF MEDICAL STUDENTS ABOUT BED SIDE TEACHING IN GOVERNMENT MEDICAL COLLEGE OF NORTH COASTAL ANDHRA PRADESH
Last modified: 2023-01-19 17:13:29