A COMPARATIVE EVALUATION OF VESTIBULAR INCISION SUBPERIOSTEAL TUNNEL ACCESS (VISTA) VERSUS CORONALLY ADVANCED FLAP WITH COLLAGEN MEMBRANE FOR THE TREATMENT OF MILLERS CLASS I AND CLASS II GINGIVAL RECESSION: A CLINICAL STUDYJournal: International Journal of Advanced Research (Vol.11, No. 02)
Publication Date: 2023-02-09
Authors : Ritika Kabra Lakshay Sethi Vidya Sekhar Sumit Malhotra Anisha Kaul; Varun Tyagi;
Page : 464-471
Keywords : Gingival Recession Coronally Advanced Flap Collagen Membrane Vestibular Subperiosteal Tunnel Access;
Background: Gingival recession is defined asThe displacement of soft tissue margin apical to CEJ with exposure of root surface. Factors such as abnormal tooth alignment in the arch, fenestration, dehiscence, faulty tooth brushing, periodontal diseases etc. are few of the causes of gingival recession. The aim of the present study was to compare the effectiveness of minimally invasive Vestibular Incision Subperiosteal Tunnel Access (VISTA) technique and coronally advanced flap using a bioresorbable collagen membrane in Millers Class I and II gingival recessions Material and Methods: 20 sites with Millers Class I or II gingival recession were recruited and allocated into 2 groups with 10 sites each. Test group: VISTA with bioresorbable collagen membrane control group: CAF with bioresorbable collagen membrane. Plaque Index (PI), Gingival Index (GI), relative Clinical attachment level (CAL) Pocket Probing Depth (PPD) Recession Height (RH) and width of keratinized gingiva (WKG) Recession Width (RW) were measured at baseline 3 months and 6 months. Results: A significant improvement was found in all the clinical parameters in the Test group from baseline to 3 months and 6 months Recession width reduction was significantly more in the Test group as compared to Control group. Conclusion: Both the groups, viz: VISTA with resorbable collagen membrane and CAF with resorbable collagen membrane were effective in the treatment of Millers Class I and II gingival recessions VISTA being minimally invasive can be used for covering recession defects.
Other Latest Articles
- A PROSPECTIVE STUDY TO EVALUATE THE EFFECTS OF CO2 PNEUMOPERITONEUM ON HEPATIC ENZYMES IN LAPAROSCOPIC SURGERIES
- BIOMECHANICS OF CAR CRASH RELATIONSHIP BETWEEN THE VEHICLE OCCUPANT AND THE VEHICLES RESTRAINT SYSTEM IN TIME OF A CRASH: SEAT BELT SYNDROME CASE REPORT
- EFFECT OF VOLATILE OILS MIXTURE AND LASER RADIATION ON LIPID OXIDATION AND SHELF LIFE OF BEEF SAUSAGE DURING CRYOPRESERVATION
- THE PORTUGUESE ACCOUNTANTS: A IMPORTANT ROLE ON MANAGEMENT ACCOUNTING USE? AND IN FIRM PERFORMANCE?
- CONTRIBUTION TO THE EXPLANATION OF THE SEMI-ANNUAL ANOMALY OBSERVED IN THE INTERTROPICAL ZONE USING THE CRITICAL FREQUENCIES FOF2 EXTRACTED DURING THE SUNSPOT CYCLES 20, 21 AND 22 AT THE OUAGADOUGOU STATION
Last modified: 2023-03-16 19:32:10