Car Dynamics using Quarter Model and Passive Suspension, Part I: Effect of Suspension Damping and Car SpeedJournal: International Journal of Computer Techniques (Vol.1, No. 2)
Publication Date: 2014-11-01
Authors : Prof.Galal Ali Hassaan;
Page : 19-27
Keywords : ?Car dynamics; quarter model; Passive suspension system; Standard humps; Ride comfort.;
Quarter-car model is in use for years to study the car dynamics. The objection of this paper is to examine the dynamics of a car passing a circular hump for sake maintaining ride comfort for the passengers. Passive suspension elements are considered with suspension damping coefficient in the range 1 to 15 kNs/m. Car speed in the range 5 to 25 km/h is considered when passing the hump. Important phenomenon evolved from the analysis of the car dynamics which is performed using MATLAB. The mathematical model of the quarter-car model is derived in the state form and the dynamics are evaluated in terms of the sprung mass displacement and acceleration. The effect of suspension damping and car speed on the sprung-mass displacement and acceleration is examined. The study shows that for ride comfort the car speed has not to exceed 6.75 km/h when passing a circular hump depending on the suspension damping.
Other Latest Articles
- Comparison of adiabatic and Conventional CMOS
- Информация о сайтах научных конференций
- Comparing the Performance of Real-Time Applications based on IPv4 and IPv6 Networks
- Учебно-методическая разработка по элементу содержания ?Политические режимы? раздела ?Политика? дисциплины ?Обществознание?
- Survey on Types of Inheritance Using Object Oriented Programming with C++
Last modified: 2015-07-09 17:08:10