High Efficiency Data Access System Architecture for Deblocking Filter Supporting Multiple Video Coding StandardsJournal: International Journal of Computer Science and Mobile Computing - IJCSMC (Vol.3, No. 2)
Publication Date: 2014-02-28
Authors : S.Karthikeyan K.Saran;
Page : 100-104
Keywords : Block Artifact image; Discrete Cosine transform; Deblocking Filter; Quantization; Multi Directional gradient Count;
In this Paper, we propose a novel algorithm for block artifact reduction for which Pseudo random noise masking is used. In H.264 Video Compression Standard, an In-loop Deblocking filter is implemented to reduce the quantization noise around the block boundaries. But there would still remain artifacts within blocks. These artifacts are known as Contour artifacts. These Contour artifacts further be reduced by our Proposed Pseudo Random Noise Masking Method. The Proposed method is selectively applied to macro-blocks damaged by block artifacts after H.264 Deblocking filtering. Its effectiveness will be clearly demonstrated for all the evaluation aspects. We estimate the level of block artifacts by measuring PSNR of the block artifact Video.
Other Latest Articles
- Evaluating and Analyzing Clusters in Data Mining using Different Algorithms?
- CONTROL AND TRACK ANDROID SMARTPHONE BY SMS COMMANDS
- A NOVEL ON FAST PARALLEL FILE TRANSFER USING REPLICATION?
- Weighted Moving Average Forecast Model based Prediction Service Broker Algorithm for Cloud Computing
- Secure Hierarchical Temporal Access Control in Cloud Computing?
Last modified: 2014-02-08 02:59:36