An Investigation of Face Recognition Characteristics Using PCA and ICA?Journal: International Journal of Computer Science and Mobile Computing - IJCSMC (Vol.3, No. 2)
Publication Date: 2014-02-28
Authors : Yundi Fu Yongli Cao Arun Kumar Sangaiah;
Page : 110-123
Keywords : face detection; recognition; PCA; ICA; image processing; embedded system;
This aims to investigate the face recognition characteristics using widely adopted statistical approaches (i.e., Principal Component Analysis (PCA) and Independent Component Analysis (ICA)). This paper focus on Eigen faces approach for implementing the face recognition and detection on the images to compare the performance of PCA and ICA. Moreover, our results are reveals that based on applied condition and performance metric, turning ICA produce better results than PCA. The managerial practices and results of the paper have presented.
Other Latest Articles
- Literature Survey on Applications of Digital Signal Processing using Anti-Aliasing and Anti-Imaging Filters?
- High Efficiency Data Access System Architecture for Deblocking Filter Supporting Multiple Video Coding Standards
- Evaluating and Analyzing Clusters in Data Mining using Different Algorithms?
- CONTROL AND TRACK ANDROID SMARTPHONE BY SMS COMMANDS
- A NOVEL ON FAST PARALLEL FILE TRANSFER USING REPLICATION?
Last modified: 2014-02-08 03:06:55