Case Study: Exergy and Energy Analysis of Hot Water Loop and Branch Network Using Two CHPJournal: International Journal of Engineering Sciences & Research Technology (IJESRT) (Vol.3, No. 5)
Publication Date: 2014-05-30
Authors : Mahmoud Mazarji; Hamid Mokhtari; Mostafa Mostafavi; Leila Ershadi;
Page : 265-275
Keywords : branch network; loop network; exergy loss; energy; CHP.;
In this paper the analysis of two municipal hot water supply network (loop and branch) based on the energy and exergy analysis is investigated. A Hot water network for a residential town in northern Iran with a mild climate and based on a 20 year period design and the calculation of per capital consumption of hot water is designed. The design was based on loop and branch network design. By the analysis of energy and exergy the amount of heat and exergy losses for these two deferent design was obtained and the results showed that with a suitable insulation, the effect of pipes material in heat losses can be minimized so that the lowest temperature decrease of branch and loop networks, by changing the type of pipe material from galvanized iron to PVC, is decreased by 0.08% and .039% respectively. That is while the pipe material and network design have major effect on exergy losses. For example by shifting from branch design to loop design with PVC pipes, the exergy loss is increased by 0.46 KW and by changing galvanized iron pipes to PVC pipes in branch network, the exergy loss is decreased by 0.2 KW with 98.39% of network exergy efficiency.
Other Latest Articles
- Comparative Study on Gasification of Chicken Litter with Rice Husk and Saw Dust
- Power Quality Improvement of Hybrid Wind, Solar & Diesel Generator Energy Systems using Fuzzy Logic and Hysteresis Loss Current Control of D-Statcom, with Power System Planning
- High-Resolution Image Retrieval Using Support Vector Machine
- Performance Based Location Privacy in Sensor Networks against a Global Eaves Dropper.
- Characterization of Pr6O11-Ag2O-B2O3 Glasses.
Last modified: 2014-06-04 19:29:33