A Novel Hierarchical Clustering Algorithm for Sensor NetworksJournal: International Journal of Science and Research (IJSR) (Vol.3, No. 6)
Publication Date: 2014-06-15
Authors : B. Kishor Kumar; G. Vijay Kumar;
Page : 358-361
Keywords : LEACH; LEACH-C; NHCA; Energy; Cluster;
Energy efficient routing protocol is very necessary in wireless sensor network due to the existence of resource constrained sensors. Clustering is an efficient approach for these problems in large sale networks. Hence, in this paper an energy efficient clustering algorithm is designed for sensor networks by considering the residual energy, cluster size and distance between the cluster head and a sink. NS2 simulator is used to evaluate the performance of the proposed algorithm. Simulation results reveal, that the proposed algorithm outperforms the existing leach, leach-m algorithms for sensor networks.
Other Latest Articles
- Fraud Analytics for Wireless Sensor Networks
- Secretome Analysis of Plasmodium falciparum intraerythrocytic Asexual Stage using SDS-PAGE Electrophoresis
- PMSE: A Personalized Mobile Search Engine Using Content and Location Concept
- Measuring Height of an Object using Accelerometer and Camera in iOS and Android Devices?
- Pedestrian Accident Rescue System
Last modified: 2014-06-23 15:46:00