Optimal Placement of FACTS Devices in a Typical Power SystemJournal: International Journal of Engineering Sciences & Research Technology (IJESRT) (Vol.3, No. 6)
Publication Date: 2014-06-30
Authors : Swathi. R; Arpitha Raju. B; Dr.C.Vyjayanthi;
Page : 864-869
Keywords : Contingencies; Flexible AC Transmission System (FACTS); optimal placement; static VAR compensator (SVCs); Thyristor-controlled series capacitors (TCSCs);
This paper presents an approach for the optimal placement of FACTS devices. The devices considered are Static Var Compensator (SVC) and Thyristor Controller Series Capacitor (TCSC). Optimal location of TCSC is identified by computing an index called the single contingency sensitivity (SCS) which is used to rank the system branches according to their suitability. The objective of this approach is to minimize or eliminate line overloads as well as the unwanted loop flows under single contingencies. The presented approach for locating and controlling power flow through TCSC enhances the static security and reduces the power losses in a given power system. The approach for the selection of SVC location is based on static voltage stability analysis of the power systems. The analysis presented here uses the L index computed at load buses. L index gives voltage stability information and is in the range of 0 to 1. By using MiPower software, these approaches are tested on IEEE 14-bus and 30-bus test systems.
Other Latest Articles
- IEEE 802.11a based Investigation and Simulation Evaluation of MANET GRP Routing Protocol using on Different QoS?
- Performance Evaluation of WIMAX Network with WIMAX PHY using Different QoS?
- IEEE 802.15.4 based Investigation and Simulation Evaluation of ZigBee Tree and Mesh Topology using Different QoS?
- IEEE 802.11b based Investigation and Simulation Evaluation of MANET TORA Routing Protocol using on Different QoS?
- Different QoS Based TORA Reactive Routing Protocol using OPNET 14.5?
Last modified: 2014-07-05 14:04:14