Idiopathic unilateral gingival enlargement: A case reportJournal: Journal of Dental Specialities (Vol.7, No. 1)
Publication Date: 2019-03-28
Authors : Preeti Sharma Shubhra Vaish Nikhil Sharma;
Page : 56-60
Keywords : Gingival Fibrous hyperplasia; External bevel gingivectomy; Laser.;
Unilateral idiopathic gingival enlargement is characterized by huge enlargement of the gingiva. It can be an isolated entity or may be associated with any kind of syndrome. This is an unusual case report of a 16-year-old female patient who presented with a chief complaint of enlarged gums in relation to her left teeth in both maxillary and mandibular arches. The enlargement was slowly progressive since last 2 years. Intraoral examination revealed that there was unilateral, generalized, diffuse fibrotic gingival enlargement with pseudopockets. Patient was diagnosed with gingival fibrous hyperplasia based on the clinical, histological, and radiographic findings. The gingival enlargement was treated by conventional gingivectomy under local anaesthesia. The postoperative result was uneventful.
Other Latest Articles
- Cryotherapy: Case report and a short review
- Esthetic rehabilitation of malpositioned implants – A case report
- Conventional tooth supported overdenture with copings –Can it ever be overlooked?
- Esthetic rehabilitation of anterior teeth by fiber-reinforced composite: A case report
- Functional rehabilitation of hemisected mandibular molar: A case report
Last modified: 2019-08-31 21:17:53