A Probe into the different aspects of ‘Validity’ and ‘Reliability’ of IELTS writing testJournal: International Journal of English, Literature and Social Science (Vol.5, No. 4)
Publication Date: 2020-07-10
Authors : Hosne Al Noor;
Page : 968-972
Keywords : IELTS writing test; validity; reliability; content development; test administration; test instruction.;
The current paper reviewed the writing section of IELTS. Writing module of IELTS is a test with good face validity. Issues like developing the test content, elicitation of writing samples from the test takers, assessing those writing properly and many other factors are involved in the entire process of IELTS writing test (Mickan, 2003). While developing the test content, a test developer needs to ensure that the content is suitable for the test takers. This test also demands well-trained markers and focused testing of the writing skill. The study reviewed the different significant aspects of the validity and reliability of IELTS writing test. Finally, some recommendations and suggestions were provided to increase the validity and reliability in a more credible way.
Other Latest Articles
- GEOGRAPHICAL ANALYSIS OF SIZE AND PATTERN OF VILLAGES IN RAMPUR DISTRICT
- MACROECONOMICS AFTER COVID-19 PANDEMIC
- DOES THE PROCYCLICALITY OF CAPITAL REQUIREMENTS AFFECT FINANCIAL STABILITY IN CEMAC?
- A Case Study of English Schwa Realization by Muna Language Speaker
- Using English Songs to Improve Young Learners` Listening Comprehension
Last modified: 2020-08-09 16:42:47