ResearchBib Share Your Research, Maximize Your Social Impacts
Sign for Notice Everyday Sign up >> Login

Experimental Investigation on Four Stroke Twin Cylinder Diesel Engine with Different Composite Samples of Silicon Carbide Epoxy Matrix Radiator

Journal: International Journal of Mechanical and Production Engineering Research and Development (IJMPERD ) (Vol.10, No. 3)

Publication Date:

Authors : ; ;

Page : 11349-11358

Keywords : Heat Exchanger; Silicon Carbide Epoxy Matrix; Radiator & LMTD;

Source : Downloadexternal Find it from : Google Scholarexternal


The internal combustion engine produces energy in the form of heat by burning of fuel inside the cylinder. However only 25% of the heat produced is converted into useful power and the remaining 75% of the heat must be dissipated, about 40-45% of the heat is passed out through the exhaust gases and 30-35% of the heat is dissipated by the cooling system in the form of a heat exchanger called Radiator. This paper contribute the performance measurement of engine efficient and heat transfer rate by modifying Universal Aluminium radiator in to Silicon Carbide Epoxy Matrix Radiator. As silicon carbide has higher thermal conductivity and lower thermal expansion than Aluminium and concentration of the epoxy resin mixture ratio is 20wt% of epoxy resin 80% of Silicon Carbide. Therefore increasing heat transfer rate along with increased overall heat transfer coefficient which is calculated by LMTD.

Last modified: 2020-10-06 14:28:54