EFFECTIVENESS OF INFORMATION PAMPHLET REGARDING LIVER BIOPSY ON ANXIETY AMONG PATIENTS UNDERGOING LIVER BIOPSYJournal: International Journal of Advanced Research (Vol.9, No. 01)
Publication Date: 2021-01-20
Authors : Manisha Madhavi Verma; Tarika Sharma;
Page : 479-485
Keywords : ;
Background: Providing information to the patients before liver biopsy level of patient during procedure.To reduce the anxiety level, coping used as an procedure may decrease the level of anxiety and can improve tolerance alternatives. There are two types of coping present: Monitoring coping style- Individuals who seek information in response to stressful situation and Blunting coping style- Individuals who avoids informationin response to stressful situation. Methods: Convenient sampling was used to enroll 80 patients, randomly assigned to Experimental and Comparison group based on Randomized days using Hospital Anxiety and Depression-sub scale and Miller-Behavioral Style Scale. Results:Out of 40 subjects 24 were monitors and 16 were blunters in the Experimental group and in the Comparison group 25 were monitors and 15 were blunters. There was significant difference found between mean anxiety score of experimental group (6.9) and comparison group (9.03) at t value = 7.557 and p = 0.01. Anxiety of Monitors was significantly less in Experimental group as compared to Comparison group (p value 0.041) at 0.041. Conclusion:Information Pamphlet was found to be effective in decreasing the anxiety of patients undergoing Liver Biopsy.
Other Latest Articles
- LATTICE DYNAMICALSTUDY OF EUROPIUM SULFIDE (EUS) USING TRI & TRSMODEL
- PROSPECTIVE STUDY SHOWING EFFECTS OF GENERAL ANAESTHESIA ON TEMPERATURE CHANGES IN INDIAN ADULTS
- ASSESSMENT OF READING COMPREHENSION LEVELS AMONG GRADE 11 SENIOR HIGH SCHOOL STUDENTS: TOWARDS THE DEVELOPMENT OF PROPOSED K-12 CONTEXT APPROPRIATE INSTRUCTIONAL TOOL
- INTERNATIONAL STUDENTS IN MAKASSAR INDONESIA: DO THEY EXPERIENCEANY CULTURAL SHOCK?
- OPERATION OF INTERNATIONAL FINANCIAL CENTERS DURING THE PANDEMIC
Last modified: 2021-02-16 16:56:42