Communication Conduct of Hamur in Dealing with ConsumerismJournal: International Journal of Science and Research (IJSR) (Vol.9, No. 11)
Publication Date: 2020-11-05
Authors : Rina Astarika; Yuni Retnowati; Sudrajat;
Page : 631-638
Keywords : Communication; Hamur; Consumerism;
The culture of consumerism is a significant and severe problem. This shows that Indonesian people tend to be consumptive and are considered less productive. As a consequence, Indonesia's Human Capital Index has decreased, resulting in a loss of competitiveness and difficulty facing the era of globalization. This research aims to describe the verbal and nonverbal communication of Hamur community members and analyze the communication behavior of Hamur community members in responding to compulsive buying using qualitative descriptive methods. The research was conducted in Yogyakarta as a center for Hamur community activities, both with status as an administrator and regular members with a membership period of at least one year and in the age range of 17-25 years with the determination of informants by purposive sampling with data collection methods in the form of observation, questionnaires, interviews, and Focus Group Discussion. Furthermore, the data obtained are tabulated according to the results of observations and interviews in the field. The results showed that the communication behavior of the Hamur community in dealing with consumerism by applying the concept of O2O (online to offline), which is an activity that starts in cyberspace and continues in the real world. Compulsive communication used is CMC (Computer-Mediated Communication) and Face To Face (FTF) communication.
Other Latest Articles
- Maternal and Child Health Outcomes in the Partnered and Unpartnered Model under Health Promotion Partnering Intervention Groups in Kakamega County, Kenya
- Chronological Records and Development in the Field of Spintronics
- Corona Virus Disease 2019 (COVID-19): A Possibility of Pregnancy and Vertical Transmission, our Experience at Zonal Military Hospital Jammu
- Can Nasal Secretion Dipstick Assay Predict Lund-Mackay Score in Chronic Rhinosinusitis?
- Recent Advances in Diagnostic and Treatment Modality Related Periodontal Infection
Last modified: 2021-06-28 17:16:04