Role of Mothers Care in Neonatal Growth and Development Primi-Parous vs Multi-ParousJournal: International Journal of Science and Research (IJSR) (Vol.9, No. 12)
Publication Date: 2020-12-05
Authors : D. Pavithra; R. Nithya; Rahul Ulhas;
Page : 909-912
Keywords : New born care/ neonatal care; primi-parous; multi-parous; postnatal period;
Aim: To assess the newborn care knowledge and practices among primi-parous and multi-parous mothers. Methods and Materials: A comparative study conducted in a SBMCH, Chennai. A total of 200 mothers, of which, 100 primi-parous, 100 multi-parous mothers accompanying their children in pediatric op were interviewed. Results: Compared to primi-parous, multi-parous mothers have good knowledge in the areas that were interviewed about the neonatal care. Mother’s educational, occupational and socioeconomic status also plays a role in neonatal care. Conclusion: Health education during the third trimester can improve the mothers’ knowledge regarding newborn care practices such exclusive breastfeeding, stoppage of discarding of colostrums cord care etc. Mothers who conceive for the second time would havegained knowledge in the above mentioned fields to prevent the mistakes that occurred in the first pregnancy.
Other Latest Articles
- Solar Powered Bi-Directional Converter with a Two Wire Interface used in Microgrids
- Accounts of Brazilian Victims of Intimate Partner Violence Abroad on Smartphones and the Internet: Weapons or Tools?
- The Effect of Educating Senior High School Students in Thailand Regarding Depressive Disorder
- A Survey on Types of Crawlers and Web Searching Algorithms
- Factors Determining Adoption of Block Chain in the Insurance Industry: A Case of Kenya
Last modified: 2021-06-28 17:17:01