Probiotic Effect of Lactobacillus, Leuconostoc and Candida Strains against Vibrio Alginolyticus Infection in Dicentrarchus Labrax LarvaeJournal: International Journal of Science and Research (IJSR) (Vol.3, No. 10)
Publication Date: 2014-10-05
Authors : Hamza A.; Dhiaf A.; Bayar S.; Zouiten D.; Fdhila K; Masmoudi A.;
Page : 129-136
Keywords : Bacteria; yeast; probiotic; rotifer; Artemia; Dicentrarchis Labrax;
The present investigation was carried to evaluate the potential probiotic effect on Dicentrarchus labrax by using single or mixture probiotic bacteria and yeast. Four probiotic strains were successfully isolated from the live prey produced by the National Institute of Science and Technology of the Sea INSTM (Monastir Tunisia). Lactobacillus plantarum and Candida famata isolated respectively from artemia and rotifer, Leuconostoc mesenteroides was isolated from fish intestine and Lactobacillus paraplantarum has been isolated from rotifers. The identified strains were studied for their effect on fish growth in the form of probiotics. Feed application of probiotic strains was studied and showed that their application culture improved significantly growth and protection against the pathogenic Vibrio alginolyticus and improved weight and linear growth of Dicentrarchus labrax. On the basis of these results, it is suggested that the tested strains show remarkable possible for use as a probiotic for the breeding of fish, particularly with regard to improving the survival and growth of Dicentrarchus labrax larvae and their ability to inhibit the pathogen in vivo and in vitro conditions.
Other Latest Articles
- A New Modified Porcelain Adsorbent for the Removal and Preconcentration of Toxic Phenols in Wastewater
- A Comparative Study on the Antibacterial Activity of Trypsin Inhibitors from the Seeds of Abelmoschus Moschatus L.
- Formula for Computation of Wigner Function for Two Mode Quantized Electromagnetic Field and its Application in Detection of Nonclassicality
- Climate Change and Economic Adaptability of Indian Sunderban
- A Note on a Subcode of a Linear q - Ary Code of Length N and an Algorithm for Calculating Minimum Distance
Last modified: 2021-06-30 21:10:56