Femur Fractures: Hospitalization, Deaths and Temporal Trend in the Southeast Region of BrazilJournal: International Journal of Advanced Engineering Research and Science (Vol.8, No. 11)
Publication Date: 2021-11-09
Authors : Eros Silva Cláudio Geovana Alves Teles João Pedro Lima Gemha Saulo Ricardo Bueno Brescancin Sérgio Marcolino Rosa;
Page : 233-241
Keywords : Femurf raturas; hospitalizations; deaths; temporal tendency; Brazil;
The present study aimed to demonstrate the prevalence of hospitalizations, deaths and the temporal trend of femoral fractures in the Southeast region of Brazil. All hospitalizations due to bone fractures in the Southeast region of Brazil during the years 2016 to 2020 were selected, considering the most recent period of available data and with fewer corresponding studies in the literature. Through tabnet application filters, hospitalizations corresponding to the ICD-10 of femoral fracture according to gender, age, federative unit, deaths in addition to the expenses of each of these hospitalizations in the selected period were collected. There was a higher prevalence of hospitalizations among women and in the population over 60 years of age, especially those over 80 years of age. The temporal trend of increasing hospitalizations was statistically significant in individuals over 60 years of age, demonstrating the need for specific care aimed at minimizing the consequences that the senescence process brings with it.
Other Latest Articles
- Social Cartography of Terreiro and Traditional Peoples' Agriculture: An Interdisciplinary Dialogue for Agroecological Transition
- The Current Meaning of Jacques Rancière’s Political Thought (Interview with Oliver Davis) / Jacques Rancière’in Politik Düşüncesinin Günümüzdeki Anlamı (Oliver Davis ile Söyleşi)
- Jacques Rancière’in Politik Düşüncesinin Günümüzdeki Anlamı (Oliver Davis ile Söyleşi) / The Current Meaning of Jacques Rancière’s Political Thought (Interview with Oliver Davis)
- Erdem İçin Hangi Bilgi Gereklidir / What Knowledge is Necessary for Virtue?
- “Demokrasi”nin Hakiki Manası: Çoğunluğun Egemenliği Değil, Bir Şeyler Yapma Kapasitesi / The Original Meaning of ‘Democracy’: Capacity to Do Things, Not Majority Rule
Last modified: 2021-11-25 13:56:20