INFLUENCE OF PROPYLENE GLYCOL ON CHEMICAL SPECIATION OF TERNARY COMPLEXES OF BI- AND TRI-DENTATE LIGANDS WITH SOME ESSENTIAL METAL IONSJournal: International Education and Research Journal (Vol.8, No. 5)
Publication Date: 2022-05-15
Authors : R. Swaroopa Rani G. Nageswara Rao;
Page : 63-68
Keywords : Chemical speciation; ternary complexes; aspartic acid; ethylenediamine; propylene glycol; MINIQUAD75;
Equilibria of complexation of Co(II), Ni(II) and Cu(II) ions with L-aspartic acid and ethylenediamine were investigated pH metrically in 0.0–60.0% v/v propylene glycol-water mixtures maintaining an ionic strength of 0.16 mol L-1 at 303.0±0.1 K. Stability constants of ternary complexes were calculated and various models were refined with MINIQUAD75. The best fit chemical models were selected based on statistical parameters and residual analysis. The species detected were MLXH, MLX and ML2X for Co(II), Ni(II) and Cu(II). The appropriateness of experimental conditions was verified by introducing errors intentionally in the concentrations of ingredients. The stabilities of the complexes followed the Irving-Williams order, i.e., Co(II) < Ni(II) < < Cu(II).
Other Latest Articles
- PERSONALITY TRAITS OF AMIR IN THE KITE RUNNER: AN EXPLORATORY STUDY
- A CASE STUDY OF MANAGEMENT OF AMLAPITTA BY AYURVEDIC TREATMENT
- BUDDHA’S PHILOSOPHY MORE RELEVANT TODAY
- A SOCIO- CULTURAL STUDY OF ANNIE ZAIDI'S FICTION 'GULAB'
- PREVALENCE OF COVID-19 BASED ON VARIOUS PRAKRITI, THE HUMAN CONSTITUTION TYPES OF INDIAN TRADITIONAL MEDICINE: A CROSS SECTIONAL STUDY
Last modified: 2023-01-19 17:14:14