Uses of Beehive Products by the Baoule Population, Central Cote dIvoireJournal: International Journal of Science and Research (IJSR) (Vol.9, No. 11)
Publication Date: 2020-11-05
Authors : C. Assi Kaudjhis; Ebah E. Asseh; S. Savadogo;
Page : 639-644
Keywords : Cote d'Ivoire; apitherapy; honey; price; disease;
Honey production is a significant potential source of food and financial income for the rural population. In order to contribute to the development of the beekeeping sector, it is necessary to produce scientific data on beekeeping in Cote d'Ivoire, which is still insufficient. Among the baoul? of the Central Cote d'Ivoire, a survey was conducted among 156 honey producers. The objective of the study is to list the uses as well as to provide information on the marketing of honey in the baoul? society. Honey is used in the treatment of 28 diseases and symptoms. In total, 57.29% of the honey produced by the rural population is reserved for family consumption and 42.71% for marketing. The selling price of honey is between 1500 and 2125 F CFA per liter. The annual income per traditional or modern beekeeper varies from 375 to 685312.5 F CFA.
Other Latest Articles
- Communication Conduct of Hamur in Dealing with Consumerism
- Maternal and Child Health Outcomes in the Partnered and Unpartnered Model under Health Promotion Partnering Intervention Groups in Kakamega County, Kenya
- Chronological Records and Development in the Field of Spintronics
- Corona Virus Disease 2019 (COVID-19): A Possibility of Pregnancy and Vertical Transmission, our Experience at Zonal Military Hospital Jammu
- Can Nasal Secretion Dipstick Assay Predict Lund-Mackay Score in Chronic Rhinosinusitis?
Last modified: 2021-06-28 17:16:04