High Density Salt and Pepper Noise Removal Using Adapted Decision Based Unsymmetrical Trimmed Mean Filter Cascaded With Gaussian FilterJournal: International Journal of Science and Research (IJSR) (Vol.3, No. 10)
Publication Date: 2014-10-05
Authors : Priyanka Priyadarshni; Shivam Sharma;
Page : 142-146
Keywords : Mean Filter; Salt and Pepper Noise; Unsymmetrical Trimmed Mean Filter; Cascaded Filter;
An adapted decision based unsymmetrical trimmed mean filter cascaded with Gaussian filter (ADBUTMF) algorithm for the retrieval of gray scaled image which is induced by a very high density Salt and Pepper (impulse) noise is proposed and tested in this paper. The proposed algorithm replaces the noisy pixel by trimmed mean value when other pixel values, 0s and 255s are present in the selected window and when all the pixel values are 0s and 255s then the noise pixel is replaced by mean value of all the elements present in the selected window. This proposed algorithm shows better results than the Standard Median Filter (MF), Decision Based Algorithm (DBA), Modified Decision Based Algorithm (MDBA), Progressive Switched Median Filter (PSMF) and Modified Decision Based Unsymmetrical Trimmed Median Filter (MDBUTMF). The proposed algorithm is tested against different grayscale and color images and it gives better Peak Signal-to-Noise Ratio (PSNR).
Other Latest Articles
- Planar Monopole Rectangular Antenna With Fractal Stub For Dual Band Applications
- Probiotic Effect of Lactobacillus, Leuconostoc and Candida Strains against Vibrio Alginolyticus Infection in Dicentrarchus Labrax Larvae
- A New Modified Porcelain Adsorbent for the Removal and Preconcentration of Toxic Phenols in Wastewater
- A Comparative Study on the Antibacterial Activity of Trypsin Inhibitors from the Seeds of Abelmoschus Moschatus L.
- Formula for Computation of Wigner Function for Two Mode Quantized Electromagnetic Field and its Application in Detection of Nonclassicality
Last modified: 2021-06-30 21:10:56